Procedure for installing Agilent Toolbar in Excel
- Start Excel.
- Go to the Tools menu, then pick Add-Ins.
- In the Add-Ins Window, Browse to My Computer, Local Disk C:, Program Files, Agilent, Intuilink, 54600, agt54600. Click OK
- The Intuilink Add-In should appear in the Add-Ins list, with a checked box to the left. Click OK.
- Next, a “Welcome to Agilent IntuiLink…” window should appear. Click “Close”.
- Back in Excel, there should now be an Agilent 54600 Scope Control toolbar on the upper right portion of the worksheet window.
on the Oscilloscope. In Excel, click the first button in the Agilent toolbar, the
“Connect to Scope” button. An “Agilent 54600 Scope Control Properties ” window should
appear (see figure below).
- Click on the “Search Criteria” tab. Click
the “Find Ports” button. COM1 should appear in the “Include” list. The
Baud Rate should be 1200 (see note below), parity should be “None,8”,
and Handshake should be “DTR/DSR”.
- Click the Apply
button. Click the “Search Instruments” tab. After a short delay, COM1
should appear and be highlighted. Now click the “Test” button. A window
should appear indicating successful communication with the scope. Click
OK. Click OK again.
- Back in Excel: If there is a
waveform on the oscilloscope screen ready to be acquired, click the
third button on the toolbar, the “Get Waveform Data” button. A “Get
Waveform Data” window should appear. Choose appropriate options then
click OK. After a short delay (around 10 seconds), the data should
appear in your worksheet along with an optional graph, if chosen.